1. Passport or
Identity Card R
2. Driving Licence (if hiring or self-drive) R
3. Car Insurance Certificate (if self-drive) R
4. Travel insurance A. If you
intend to make multiple trips abroad, 1 year insurance is worthwhile.
for great rates).
5. Car Registration document (if self-drive)
6. Form E111 (from Post Offices) + photocopy A
NB: A telephone card suitable for Spain & France can be purchased
on-line from Swift
NB There is currently
conflicting advice over validity of E111s in Catalonian Spain. Some
doctors and hospitals will not treat patients under the E111 scheme and
others do not accept E111s which are over one year old. It is therefore
safer to renew old E111s before leaving and make clear that it is being
used before any treatment commences.
If you do not have an acceptable E111 and have a
medical emergency, your passport may suffice.
Air/channel crossing tickets, Euros (usually a better rate can be
achieved in the UK)
Pre-booked overnight accommodation details if stopping-over during car